White Light can help you create space inside of yourself for your practice. Learning to create white light using only your thoughts is easy.
- Light a candle and stare at the flame.
- Focus on the flame finding the whitest light you can.
- Now shift your gaze from the flame into your thoughts. Close your eyes while continuing to see the white light.
- Look back at the candle and concentrate again on the flame then close your eyes and imagine the same spot of brightness.
- Repeat until you can see a bright white spot in your mind’s eye without using the candle.
Practice Variation: When you are comfortable with your ability to create white light, visualize this small spot of white light in your heart center. When you feel the connection to the light inside of your chest, begin to visualize the light expanding to fill up your entire physical form. You can reference Expanding White Light for more details.
Purpose: To connect the brain’s purposeful control to the ability to create and move light energy.