Spending a lot of time thinking about stuff that you cannot see a resolution to will not support change or get you your answer. It will often shut you down and make you feel as if you have no hope. This kindness method allows you to see self and others without the constant mental block of assumption.
Practice: The goal is to create temporary distance between self and others or between self and an idea when there is no immediate resolution.
- As soon as you start to feel pressure or stressed STOP!
- Do not assign meaning to a feeling.
Your subconscious has already flipped through all your memories and complied support for your reaction of fight or flight before you feel it. Your brain is following your preset definitions for response. You need to interrupt these preset response definitions.
- Do not follow the path fight or flight has opened. Instead issue a new command.
- Each time you think a thought repeat out-loud if possible, “I cannot possibly know what this means”.
If you only say it in your head you hear it once. This is okay. When you repeat it out loud you hear it twice. This is more support. If you say it to someone who understands you and the method, this is best and gives you external support as well.
- With each thought repeat, “I cannot possibly know what this means.” Stay focused on this as a command.
- When given as a command, the statement breaks the brains assumption that this moment is like a moment in the past. When the brain refuses the previous assumption, the subconscious will look for something new.
- Repeat again the command. Each time you command with insistence, “I cannot possibly know what this means.” your subconscious accepts the command and releases past control parameters.
- Allow a feeling to flow through you without knowing what it means. Repeat the mental command over and over, “I cannot possibly know what this means”.
Remember, what you are doing with this command is interrupting the habitual process with a stronger, active mental command. Your subconscious keeps stopping and accommodating the command. Do this for as long as you need until you are through the feeling and ready to move on.
If you go right back to the idea or situation that you were working to release, you may start the process over. Waiting to address the issue allows the subconscious time to move past the intense focus of fear that triggered the initial experience of pressure or stress. You may need to apply this practice more than once, longer than a day even, to reach a point where you can address the issue. If you cannot set the issue aside for the length of time necessary or there is no resolve, seek help from a trusted and supportive resource.
Practice Variation: Assumption is a very powerful energy. Keep in mind—if you want to or need to assume something you could assume the best possible outcome. You fuel the Law of Attraction. Instead of feeding it fuel that is fear based, feeding it positive fuel to create what you want can make a big difference. Refer to Assumption under Circular Distortion for more information.
Purpose: Assumption is designed to help you assess limited information and draw conclusions that will benefit you in your world. Over time, as you moved into skewed balance, you began to make assumptions that moved you into a negative place of self. Use this method to help you see that life is good.