Contemplation is a passive, relaxed conscious meditation. It settles the subconscious while relaxing your focus during a given moment. The relaxed focus often reveals solutions and awareness that the tight focus of your belief structure keeps you from seeing.
Practice: Start contemplation prepared for a nights rest, as the relaxation is likely to put you to sleep.
- Relax into the events of your day. Resist the urge to think about experiences that are not specifically yours, putting aside thoughts of family, neighbors, work, and crushes.
- Behaving as a neutral third-party, watch your day’s events like you would watch a movie, connected as an observer, not a participant. Keep your focus on you as the main character.
- Separate yourself from your actions and reactions in each moment. Instead of seeing yourself or another character as responsible for what your character did, see how each character is responsible for themselves and how their beliefs create their behavior.
- Stay focused on the main character. Do not follow or get distracted from your focus with anticipating or assigning meaning to the reactions of anyone else in the scene. Pay close attention to see if your actions are based on things in the moment or thoughts and beliefs outside of the moment. Observe how beliefs and fears are effecting your in the moment behavior.
- You can know nothing past the actual facts of the event, release every assumption made and replace it with a question you may want answered. Allow your subconscious to seek out those answers while you sleep, free of assumption, fear, judgment, conclusions, or attachment.
Through this type of contemplation you can relax your focus and find room to let go of fears. When you view things with consideration for change you are no longer a victim to your beliefs. You have room for free will to see how you want to empower yourself and others to create positive change. Seeing everything from a place of compassion as a third-party lets you release misunderstandings that cause discomfort and help you feel gratitude and love for your life and its participants.
Purpose: Use Contemplation daily. It is excellent for monkey mind, hidden fears, stilted emotions, and connection to soul.